Literacy and visual literacy workshops
We run a range of innovative workshops for kids that use both print-based and digital media to engage children in reading, writing and visual literacy. We run our sessions in schools, galleries, bookshops and at festivals and we would love to run one with you!
Run by illustrators, authors and artists
All our workshops are conducted by artists and authors who can execute the most exciting events for kids this side of… well… anywhere. We train them ourselves to present workshops that will be fun and entertaining but also align with key stage criteria or milestones an institution may be working toward. Below are just a few pics from recent events.
Using innovate visual techniques
We have a set of workshop ideas that we know are engaging and successful and these can be tailored to align with the aims of an event or teaching programme. A brief list is below and if you would like to know more about any of these workshops please contact Kristen Harrison at info[at]thecurvedhouse.com
School visits and events include:
- Illustrate your own book: Work with a published illustrator as a group and see your book go from print, to electronic whiteboard to an ebook online.
- Write your own book: With a published author as a group and see your book go from print, to electronic whiteboard to an ebook online.
- Picture Poetry: Find the links between the images and write your own poems.
- Rock n’ Rap: Learn about geology through the ancient art of rap!
- Animal Mix-Up: Explore the animal kingdom and invent your own ferocious animals.
- Dinosaur Doodles: Draw your own dinosaurs with your own imagination and learn about the paleo world.